Graphics Homeworks Cloth & Fluid Simulations, Shadow Volumes in C++ and OpenGL.
These were homework assignments for Advanced Computer Graphics: hw2 - simulation (cloth and fluid simulation), hw4 - pipeline (the stencil buffer and other GPU features). Both assignments were coded in C++ using OpenGL.
- Explicit Euler integration for cloth animation
- Iterative adjustment for overstretched springs
- Timestep adjustment to combat instability
- Three-dimensional velocity interpolation
- Fluid incompressibility using divergence correction
Stencil Buffer and Shadows
- Mirror rendering using reflected geometry and the stencil buffer
- Shadow volumes using silhouette edges, shadow polygons, and the stencil buffer
- A procedural wood shader with geometrical rings and both color and normal variations (not shown)